Monday, August 07, 2006

Rodin

Just imagine what is best for your life when you have a hang over: go to a museum and see a huge collection of Rodin's work. The Sabanci Museum. Mr Sabanci, a very rich philanthropist, was a big collector of works of turkish calligraphy. he donated his entire collection, and the beautiful house, to be turned into a museum, attached to the Sabanci University. Ali met Mr Sabanci when we were in NY, I remember when he told me he had met one of the most influencial men in Turkey. His passion for Art was amazing.

Oh... on the way to the museum I took this cab in front of Hagia Sophia. The guy spoke a little bit of English. He wanted to drive all around the Golden Horn - off our way to the west - to take me to the north. I Immediately said that no way, he needed to go back and go north by the river. He asked me is I was married, I said no because I am gay and I have my partner in Florida. He said he would have sex with me for U$500. In HIS dreams! HA! And he started talking about the gay hamams and a good friend of his that does not work, but goes every day to the hamams to have sex - for a lot of money - with married men from Europe, especially Germany, and the US. Half way through, around the wedding place, he turned the taxi meter off. I noticed that... And when we finally got to the museum he was going to charge me 49 Lira! The 49 is a permanent number that appears all the time the meter is off! I raised HELL. I said I was Colombian, and I knew all those tricks. I gave him a bill of 20 lyra and got off the car. He was really mad. I was too. he wasn't even handsome....











Ali then drove up the Bosphorus Coast. We had dinner in a delicious fish restaurant near Asli's - his sister - place.




No comments: