Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Fireworks

3rd and 4th of July. Fireworks are illegal in Colombia, I had not done this since the 70s! My cousin blew the tip of his finger off once lighting a rocket with a cigarette and that was the end of fireworks for the entire family. But still, there is something magical about controlled fire. The basic instincts surface, we're just like neanderthal men in caves looking at the wonderful sparkles going up in fumes. It was a very bonding experience with Robert's kids, Morgan, Roby and Jordan, and his wife Kathy who's a huge Depeche Mode fan. Josh was happy and resposible all night, I just spent my time shooting pics with my camera, and watching the explosions in the air. Oh... 4th of July... It could have been any other date and I would have had the same amount of fun.










No comments: