Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Sultanahmet

Back from the ferry, we walked around the pier, and stopped to have Ayran and a milk dessert that looked like creme brulee. It looked delicious... but no sugar for me.

I learned the reason why there are no trash cans practically anywhere: terrorism. The terrorist can hide their bombs in there. So no restaurant has public trash cans.






On the way back we saw a library called Global with signs in English criticizing the theory of evolution and accusing darwinism of the most horrible crimes. I was in shock and awe. I cannot believe that stupidity and ignorance can be exported, and that people are actually making money out if it. Well, if you can find a McDonald's here, why not a library devoted to Intelligent Design? Crap is crap anywhere in the world. I choose my Kofte, my Ayran, my Aubergines, my Chai and my Darwin.


No comments: