Monday, June 26, 2006

GAY PRIDE IN PARIS!!!

Gay pride started for me on June 21st, the fete de la musique in France. we went to the Marais, in front of the Cox, to an open air gay disco! Great music, beautiful people, lots of dancing. The streets were closed, and there we were having fun. It rained, so what! It was great.

Then on saturday the 24th I had a fantastic lunch with Nicolas, we closed our past and opened so many possibilities. We went to the basque restaurant in his scooter. great food, great wine, an incredible friend. And then after that I went to Bastille, the terminus of the GLBT Pride in Paris. It started at Montparnasse.

When I got out of the metro, I could not believe it. Thousands of people on the streets, techno music, the monument was alive with all the humans on it. What a rush of energy! What struck me the most was the age of everyone there. Tons of teenagers having an incredible time. Back in the 80's and 90's the pride parade was tainted by AIDS and the memory of all our friends that had died. Young people were dying. And this the proof that condoms work! We're stil lalive, and these kids will be alive. It's a celebration of life, friendship, maturity, experience. A celebration with a very strong message:

NOT MORE, NOT LESS BUT EQUAL RIGHTS FOR HOMOSEXUALS IN THE WORLD

I ran into Carlitos and Vivien, this was my farewell party from Paris. And what a party. It was a bonding moment, I was not alone. I was surrounded by happy wonderful people. I had to leave around 8 pm, I did not want to, but I was invited to have dinner at Maria Emilia's place, and I did not want to miss it. The subway was full of people blowing pink whistles - that were distributed by Pink TV as a marketing strategy during the parade. I had never seen the trains so crowded. It was so much fun.















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»