Monday, June 19, 2006

Soccer

The passion for soccer here in France is kind of crazy. Last night was the match between Korea and France for the classification. We left the Dairy around 6.45 PM, and when we got to the highway we realized it was completely blocked. Bumper to bumper, full of people trying to get back to watch the game. So, we ended up going to a japanese restaurant near the Disney parks - that by the way are not doing well... what a waste of money - and ate brochettes and sushi. I made amistake and ate duck without knowing it... I had to take a pill of loratadine when my tongue started getting swollen... argh... but still, the duck was delicious. The restaurant had a flat screen tv... but the cable was only going to be connected today. WOOF!... I was definitely not going to watch a soccer game in a japanese restaurant. I have to say they were very civilized and allowed Nono, the dog, to be in the restaurant with us. In the US this would have never happened, in some places they let you sit outside with your pet. But that's it.

These are all the people that spent the day together in the lake. Francoise was adorable and she gave me a lot of tips for my trip to Istanbul.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»